HayBay Bidding Information
We STRONGLY advise that you go and see any Horse, Dog or Cat before bidding or buying and it is advisable that you get a horse vetted beforehand.
- Before you place a bid, be 100% sure of your bid – remember that you are entering into a contract that is legally binding,
- You must be 18 or over to place a listing or to bid or buy a listing.
- After you have found the item that you wish to bid on, enter the listing and place your bid in the appropriate box. Your bid amount must be greater than the amount already displayed in the box.
- You will be notified if your bid has not met the required reserve and also if you are outbid.
- You can also place a ‘proxy bid’ which allows HayBay to bid on your behalf. You place your top price bid amount, the maximum amount that you are willing to pay for the item and the system will bid automatically on your behalf, comparing other bids made, and your top bid price is kept confidential. You will be notified if your top price bid has been exceeded or if you have won the bid.
- If your are the winning bidder, you should pay for your items promptly so that they can be dispatched as soon as possible.
- Both the Seller and the Buyer are prompted to leave feedback for each other. Both only need to go to the feedback management section of ‘My Account’ control panel, to find the prompt waiting.
The above, is a summarised extract from HayBay User Agreement.